Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Rise Above It

There are a lot of things happening in my family, at my workplace, pretty much in every aspect of life. Today I'm pretty sure I was just being tested on my patience as a person.

Some people have nothing better to do but be aggressive or a bully to people who are simply just trying to do their task at hand. Some people look at others with disgust, or even a lack of respect for them at how they appear or how they choose to live their life. Others mind their own business and move on. All of us are different.

Life throws curve balls at us from different directions at any time when we least expect it. However, it's how you react to that situation that makes all the difference. I'm in customer service and always have been, and from that I've always learned to 'kill people with kindness' & I always strive to do that.

I rose above it. I continue to rise above it. If you let one person's attitude, a mistake, a situation that is not going right -- shape the way you are for the day or the week -- it's not worth it. Eventually you become that. You become all that negative energy, that stress and anxiety - it's going to tear you apart.

If life didn't have a challenge, if life didn't put you face to face with your issues how are you going to become strong? When your limits are tested and your buttons pushed - how are you going to learn to have patience?

Rise above it. Be the better person, be the person that smiles through the bullshit. Be the person that makes others feel like they should work on being a better human.

Speak your mind if it's offered to. Be kind. Be gentle with your words. Be confident but not arrogant. Be content. Breathe when you feel angry. Most importantly, stay true and happy to yourself.

Remember that everyone is facing a different battle... and they too can Rise above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment